Application crash - Brother iPrint & Scan

Reaction score
Only have one last thought. Disable Defender and try a new install.

Reaction score
It might be a broken registry entry but I am really out of ideas now. The only thing I can think of is the .Net Framework package is damaged but I really don't know for sure?. :confused:

Reaction score
You may be on to something there. It may be needing Net framework 3.5, which s not automatically installed. : Programs and features - Turn windows features on or off . 3.5 is available there.

Reaction score
You may be on to something there. It may be needing Net framework 3.5, which s not automatically installed. : Programs and features - Turn windows features on or off . 3.5 is available there.
I've already enabled .Net framework 3.5. I probably should have been more specific in my first post re all the troubleshooting I already did. I have been struggling with this since last October...

Reaction score
Try opening Settings > Apps and clicking on Microsoft Visual > Modify and repairing it, I am not sure if it will help?. :)

1585835340721.png

Reaction score
It might be a broken registry entry but I am really out of ideas now. The only thing I can think of is the .Net Framework package is damaged but I really don't know for sure?. :confused:
I've been thinking the same, but I do have a lot of other applications that depend on .Net and they all work just fine. But which version they all use I don't know for sure. And MS made a mess out of .Net in Windows 10, it used to be easy to uninstall and reinstall .Net versions, but no more!

Somebody has suggested to me to uninstall certain Microsoft patches that have to do with .Net in a specific order, and test in between, and then reinstall them. The idea is that maybe an update has gone wrong at some point. It will take a few hours that I don't have at the moment but will get this done next week. But I do think this is a longshot too...

Reaction score
Thanks to all that have tried to help with this. Ive decided to just give up on "iPrint&Scan", partially because I've used too much time on trying to fix this already and partially because I decided to just use NAPS2 (not Another PDF Scanner 2) instead: https://sourceforge.net/projects/naps2/

I found this to be an excellent piece of software for scanning both documents and pictures, and it doesn't hurt that it's free (Donations are encouraged), open source and licensed under GNU.

Reaction score
Glad you found a solution, please mark the thread as solved so it helps others. :)

Reaction score
Glad you found a solution, please mark the thread as solved so it helps others. :)
Actually I'm not sure this should be marked as solved. The issue was that "iPrint & Scan" does not work, and that issue still remains.

Using another program is a workaround, but it certainly didn't solve the main issue.

Reaction score
Probably write!
an alternative program is not the ideal solution to your problem. The problem still exists. Maybe a succesful user will spot this thread and nail it

Ask a Question