SOLVED Bad_module_info in Event Viewer Exception: 0409

Reaction score
I keep noticing that a particular game is crashing repeatedly. I set up my event viewer with a specific view and notice several occurrences of an error with the below information.
First off, this happens when running Steam, launching the game Destiny 2, and precisely when a "travel" scene loads. To better define that, after the game loads, if I try to join other players, they join me, or I try to travel to a destination; the game freezes and closes, then the below error is shown in my event viewer.

Faulting Application Name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x0000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x0000000
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00007ffe49a223df
Faulting process id: Varies
all other information listed in the viewer varies except for faulting packag full name and package-relative application ID which are both blank.

I've attached my system info as a txt file. I did not have a minidump in the C:\Windows directory at the time of this posting. I checked and the system is set up to create one, but one doesn't exist for the full time frame. The two minidumps (one .zip file) I have attached are from my AppData\Local\Temp\ directory.
The timestamps of my errors should be between 830pm and 10pm on 9/21/2021.

Attachments

• Griff01_System_20190921.txt
    170.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Dumps.zip
    544.9 KB · Views: 62
Reaction score
I'm only posting the below since I cannot figure out how to delete my original post, and just in case someone stumbles across this thread and it might help them. I managed to solve this myself. I'm not positive what the actual "fix" was as I did several things in sequence without testing again. Normally, I suggest (and do) one fix at a time, but since I had limited time I decided to go for the semi-nuclear option as I had already run commands to check, test, and repair windows. I have run the below in sequence:

In an Administrative cmd window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow
reboot

^-- This may fix the issue for many people, but didn't for me. Soooo,

1) I went to my mobo manufacturers website and downloaded the most up to date mobo drivers, and BIOS.
2) I went to AMDs website to grab the Chipset drivers, video drivers, etc.
3) Paused Windows updates for 7 days - to be sure that Windows wouldn't automatically install drivers while I was doing a manual reinstall
4) Booted into safe mode, ran DDU to remove my AMD audio and video drivers.
5) Unplugged my network cable; I'm on a desktop, not a laptop, so I didn't have to mess with disabling wifi.
6) Flashed BIOS to current version
7) Installed chipset drivers from AMD - rebooted.
8) Installed realtec audio drivers from motherboard manufacturer - rebooted
9) installed AMD APU drivers - rebooted
10) installed remaining motherboard drivers and software (one at a time with a reboot after each one), starting with AppCenter.
11) Plugged network cable back in.
12) Installed the newest stable version of AMD Radeon Software - rebooted again - feeling really thankful that boot time is less than 12 seconds.
13) manually ran windows update to check for new software; did not allow windows to update drivers; took note of what drivers Windows recommended.
14) Went to the device manufacturer's website for each device that Windows thought I needed an update for and downloaded the newest driver from the manufacturers; rebooting after each one.

Tested, and all was working correctly again. After a few hours, I went back into Windows Update and re-enabled automatic updates.

Ask a Question