Black Screen Camera

Reaction score
All the function buttons are in place but it is otherwise a black screen. Seen several posts about what to do including uninstall camera app or install new drivers. I am reluctant to allow a third party organisation to install any software. ARE there any Windows remedies?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Maria, welcome to the forums.

It'll really help us if you can post your PC specifications - is this a laptop, tablet, desktop etc... Do you have a model number? Is the camera a built-in one or a 3rd party device? The more information you can give us, the better we can help :).

There is some more information on how to find out this information here, if you're unsure on model numbers.

Reaction score
All the function buttons are in place but it is otherwise a black screen. Seen several posts about what to do including uninstall camera app or install new drivers. I am reluctant to allow a third party organisation to install any software. ARE there any Windows remedies?
Hi Maria, welcome to the forums.

It'll really help us if you can post your PC specifications - is this a laptop, tablet, desktop etc... Do you have a model number? Is the camera a built-in one or a 3rd party device? The more information you can give us, the better we can help :).

There is some more information on how to find out this information here, if you're unsure on model numbers.
It is a linx 10 10 tablet with built in camera

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I am reluctant to allow a third party organisation to install any software.
Since your problem involves a very specific issue with a somewhat rare device (manufacturer and model), my suggestion would be to first contact the manufacturer, using their support link / contact customer support and email them
regarding your problem and see what they may have to say about it.
You're probably not the first person with that particular device who is or has experienced the issue.
I downloded their manual to see if there was any troubleshooting procedures or reference to the front or rear facing camera(s) and I wasn't able to find anything at all.

Ask a Question