Build 10565 released in Slow ring with ISO

Reaction score
Trouble , I believe, posted the link to the ISO, A little while ago.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso
It looks like, if this is the procedure from now, there is no further need to be in the insider program.
I was determined to wait for the full release, but in the end couldn't resist.

Downloaded the ISO and installed. Although I selected to keep my settings and data, it didn't to to well in that field! Not too much hassle to sort it out, though.
I also selected to check for updates, at the beginning of the institution. That might have been a mistake, with my very slow copper wire connection. Took about half hour..
From there on, up to a useable desktop, it took a further 35 minutes. A little disappointing, but absolutely no problems. A 100% success.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
A 100% success.
Cool. although I think
there is no further need to be in the insider program.
You are....
Have you checked Setting -> Updates & Security -> Advanced options
I think when I did my upgrade on my physical machine it defaulted me back into the insider program.
At least that's what I'm seeing on mine.
AND
I'm on the fast ring, but I don't know if that was me changing something or not.

Reaction score
I see this:

Capture.PNG

I opted out of the insider, when the rtm arrived.

It is a little contradictory, though. Whilst it says I need to register, it also offers the option to stop the builds. There is no fast or slow ring alternatives.

But, my point was that if I can download new build ISOs, before the slow ring, then...??

It was curiosity on my part, I'll be putting my image back, before the end of the day.

Reaction score
ISO was released shortly after the Fast ring release was because.....
(quote from Gabriel Aul) We don't usually do ISOs for Fast Ring builds, but we heard feedback that these would be helpful to try the new activation paths.

I had the " Your Microsoft account requires attention ...." message. It was because when I reinstalled Win 10 Pro I was never asked to verify my MS account as normal procedure should be.
I clicked the "Fix this issue" button, then I entered my alternate address to receive the Security code. Then after entering the security code, Get Insider Preview build was enabled.

Ask a Question