Build 14295

Reaction score
Good Friday is such a shutdown holiday here that I don't even look for an announcement! Downloading now

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
They certainly seem to have abandoned their former "policy" of not releasing new preview builds on Fridays.

Reaction score
Really? I usually use Chrome and Adblock so I do see ads with EDge and just ignore them.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Need someone to test something for me.
Any volunteers?
Testing this latest build.
Booted into Safe Mode (plain safe mode no networking). Got a flashing screen that wouldn't quit with an error message...... as shown here

Capture2.JPG

Just wondering if someone else, with too much time on their hands might try and see if they can reproduce it.

Reaction score
Rumor has it that a new build will be out today. It may fix your problem. Can you shut it down and restart or is it in a loop? @Trouble

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The build actually works fine in a normal boot.
I just discovered the issue while testing Safe Mode.
Safe Mode in some of the very early preview builds was totally dorked up and since it is a primary troubleshooting tool that I rely on often to diagnose other problems, I always test it in new builds to see if it works (what you can and can't do).
It's probably important to note that this was an upgrade from the previous build, where I did not test Safe Mode, so I may perform a clean install just to see what's what.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
I did not get that error but SM was not usable. The screen kept jumping up and down. I had to use Task Manager to get out of it. Very strange. I was in it the other day using DDU without any such nonsense.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well.... I got tired of waiting for a new build, so I just wiped and did a clean install from the ISO of 14295 ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso ) thinking that perhaps the problem may have been a product of having upgraded from the previous build......
WRONG!
Same problem, so.....
Apparently "Safe Mode" isn't going to be much help in diagnosing problems in this build, since it seems to have severe problems of its' own.

Reaction score
Well.... I got tired of waiting for a new build, so I just wiped and did a clean install from the ISO of 14295 ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso ) thinking that perhaps the problem may have been a product of having upgraded from the previous build......
WRONG!
Same problem, so.....
Apparently "Safe Mode" isn't going to be much help in diagnosing problems in this build, since it seems to have severe problems of its' own.
Yes like I said the screen was jumping up and down for me. Build probably won't be till Tuesday.??

Reaction score
I got an email from MS saying that build 14295 is out from The Windows Insider People Do these people know what they are doing.o_O

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do these people know what they are doing.
Who knows :) but....
Based on their corporate earnings and the fact that Bill Gates still remains one of the richest men in the world, I'm going to have to go with .....
Yes.

Reaction score
Who knows :) but....
Based on their corporate earnings and the fact that Bill Gates still remains one of the richest men in the world, I'm going to have to go with .....
Yes.
Well Gates knew what he is doing. He did not announce Windows XP 10 days after it's release. No Build today per Gabe/ Tommorow maybe

Ask a Question