Build 17017 for PC

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First RS4 build released to Fast Ring insiders.
Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17017 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring
Going forward, we plan to release new builds for RS4 from the RS_PRERELEASE branch to Insiders in the Fast ring and those who opted in to Skip Ahead at the same time. Because we are just beginning development for RS4, Insiders shouldn’t expect to see a lot of big changes or new features just yet. But teams are just now beginning to check in new code
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...r-preview-build-17017-pc/#zMmLuKDPch3oyafx.97

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good luck, when I try it

Capture1.PNG

I end up with this

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I think you are confusing the IP/Insider Preview/test/BETA version with the RTM/Released to Market/Manufacturing version. Yes that link shows the Insider Preview and its installation has an expiration date. Most times one has to be registered with the Insider Preview process to get it. And Yes, the IP version is more advanced, that's the purpose of the IP which evolved from the Technical Preview version introduction about 3 years ago.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well, I finally got it installed after they sorted the problem out and I was able to get back to it following all the additional work involving the Fall Creators update on my various home computers and a couple of friends computers added into the mix.

The install went well and nothing seems to be amiss, still looking around but nothing earth shattering to report.
The link to the blog post I noted above pretty much says it all as to what's new.
Not sure why they decided that they needed an additional Startup page in Settings -> Apps that is pretty much been handled for a while now by the Startup tab in Task Manager
As part of our ongoing effort to consolidate our settings experience, now you can configure them in Settings! In our new Startup page under Settings > Apps, you can see all startup tasks installed for the current user, and enable/disable each of them.
Capture.PNG

We will also display the impact they have on your startup time,
So much for that

Ask a Question