Can anyone recommend a fast and secure VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Use of a virtual private network is becoming increasingly attractive nowadays to help protect our privacy while online. If anyone has experience using a VPN your comments would be appreciated.

Reaction score
If you're looking for a good VPN, don't use TunnelBear !
It's a shitty VPN, it takes more than five minutes to get connected when it's not bugging or crashing ! :mad:
Most of the time if you had set it to launch and connect at startup, it fails to connect ! :mad:
After three attemps it gets disconnected and you have to restart the app.
If by any luck you get connected then while you are on the net, you lose the connection for no reason ! :mad:
I paid for a full year for this and believe me, I won't renew !!!
And to top it off, I had written three times to the support and I haven't received an answer so far ! :mad:
I wrote to them one month ago at least !!!

DON'T USE TUNNELBEAR !!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not that I know anything about it, but I just came across this today
https://www.avira.com/en/avira-phantom-vpn
Since it's associated with "Avira", which a lot of people seem to like some of their offerings, I thought I would pass it along.
I realize that this thread is almost a month old but just in case anyone was still looking.

Reaction score
As Trouble mentioned I'm not familiar with VPN's. Can someone explain the difference between a VPN and opening your browser in "Private" browsing. I run Fire Fox and they claim that when browsing in "Private" it has some powerful private features.

Browse without a trace
Sharing is caring, but that should be your call. Firefox Private Browsing automatically erases your online info like passwords, cookies and history from your computer. So that when you close out, you leave no trace.
Catch those hidden trackers
Some websites and ads attach hidden trackers that collect your browsing info long after you’ve left. Only Firefox Private Browsing has tracking protection to block them automatically.
Shake off tracking weight
Not only do trackers collect info, they can weigh down your browsing speeds. Only Firefox Private Browsing blocks ads with hidden trackers, so you can drop the baggage and browse freely.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/features/private-browsing/

Reaction score
Hi Norton,

With most VPN, you get all the stuff you mentionned with Firefox Private Browsing, but it is done in a secure and encrypted channel, and the website doesn't get your real IP address.

For exemple, a few weeks ago I wanted to watch a show that was available in Europe, and I couldn't because of my reel IP address, so I selected a server in Switzerland and I was able to watch the show.

And you have more privacy using a VPN.

You can see it as a tube that you would put in a river, the internet traffic would be the current of the river, and when you dip your tube (wich is your VPN), the current in the tube is your browsing protected by the tube layer from point A to point B.

I hope these explanations were good and clear enough ?!??

Regards ;) JAY B.

Reaction score
Some VPNs reduce the internet speed and some increase it, I have yet to find what’s causing it. However, in my experience, whenever I have used ExpressVPN, the overall speed of the internet has seen quite stable. If you people are experiencing slowdowns when VPNs are enabled, then I would suggest you give expressvpn a shot as well. It has servers in almost all important countries, though a bit expensive compare to others but have better performance

Reaction score
Use of a virtual private network is becoming increasingly attractive nowadays to help protect our privacy while online. If anyone has experience using a VPN your comments would be appreciated.
Tor is a free VPN. It works. It tells you how to better ensure your privacy.

Reaction score
Hi Alesa,
Astrill works but i recommend surfshark and NordVPN because these two providers works smoothly on Windows, on the other hand these also offers free trial for the 7 days, if you satisfied so purchase full year plan or else...

Reaction score
Hi Linda,

if you want a VPN, go to a website directly, make a note of the name of the app you want and don't use links from the website above as it may be a trap, the website has no real owner info and you don't know who you are dealing with!!!. ;););)

This website is a good example as it has no contact details of the people you are dealing with!:

https://www.top10bestantivirus.com/

Your AV app may deny you access to it!!!!. ;););)

DO NOT USE THE ABOVE LINK FOR ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN TO LOOK AT IT!!!!!.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Linda,

if you want a VPN, go to a website directly, make a note of the name of the app you want and don't use links from the website above as it may be a trap, the website has no real owner info and you don't know who you are dealing with!!!. ;););)

This website is a good example as it has no contact details of the people you are dealing with!:

https://www.top10bestantivirus.com/

Your AV app may deny you access to it!!!!. ;););)

DO NOT USE THE ABOVE LINK FOR ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN TO LOOK AT IT!!!!!.

I wonder Wolfie, why would you suggest Antivirus for VPN ?

Reaction score
I wonder Wolfie, why would you suggest Antivirus for VPN ?
I am not, the website is an example of what one shouldn't do as it always has the same AV app as "The Best" regardless of what year it is!. It is clickbait to hoodwink people like so many other sites!!!.

Please read this bit again which is trying to tell people not to use the site and why.

:):):)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Not that I know anything about it, but I just came across this today
https://www.avira.com/en/avira-phantom-vpn
Since it's associated with "Avira", which a lot of people seem to like some of their offerings, I thought I would pass it along.
I realize that this thread is almost a month old but just in case anyone was still looking.

It's crap AFAIC.....free isn't free anymore. It's only 500mb and that'll be used up in 5 minutes. It's no better than Tunnel Bear.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Jimbo, much appreciated.
As I said.... I don't know much about the subject....
I can't even spell VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question