SOLVED Cannot play DVD film after last windows update!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is the source media involved in this issue a retail video DVD like you might acquire from RedBox, and are you certain it is not a BlueRay Disc.
OR
IS it a homemade movie produced with third party software and if so what format is it in.

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

if all other suggestions from the other posters fail, try a CD cleaner for that just in case scenario. ;););)

Reaction score
Is the source media involved in this issue a retail video DVD like you might acquire from RedBox, and are you certain it is not a BlueRay Disc.
OR
IS it a homemade movie produced with third party software and if so what format is it in.

Trouble
Its a ordinary DVD one can by or rent.
We have tried several difernt 'DVD´s with the same result. Not working.
Michael

Reaction score
Try Pot Player and see if that will work. I actually like it better than VLC.

ram1220
We tried this suggestion but backed off as his antivirus program flagged big red screen when we tried to download.
I may try to download the program on my desktop and save to USB an give it a try on his. ;)
Michael

Reaction score
Try Pot Player and see if that will work. I actually like it better than VLC.

ram1220
hey...case almost solved...
I installed PotPlayer and the darn thing works..
My fried jumped off the chair in delight and so did I.
But... I cannot get PotPlayer to start automatically. We have to go Open PotPlayer =>Open Files=> go to the DVD player and look for the first trac => Open trac.
Cannot find the setting for this. :(
Michael

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

see post # 7 and set PotPlayer (never heard of it) as default player!. Another recommendation is to remove any other 3rd party apps that you have that are related to playing vids/music!. :):):)

Reaction score
I read that Michael has already had success with Potplayer.?
Oddly, I did use it some months ago, but experienced the same problem that he describes. I went back to VLC, which, unlike Michael's, works flawlessly for me.

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

see post # 7 and set PotPlayer (never heard of it) as default player!. Another recommendation is to remove any other 3rd party apps that you have that are related to playing vids/music!. :):):)

Wolfie
Tried this both on my friends desktop and mine but did not start automatically. :(:(
Michael

Reaction score
I read that Michael has already had success with Potplayer.?
Oddly, I did use it some months ago, but experienced the same problem that he describes. I went back to VLC, which, unlike Michael's, works flawlessly for me.

davehc
I kicked PotPlayer out and went back to VLC on my machine too.
But my friend is happy now and Im too for his sake.
Thanks for all input in this matter.
Michael

Ask a Question