SOLVED Cant open Lockscreen

Reaction score
So i resetted my pc and after that, the lock screen came. I tried to use my keyboard it didnt work because it has to install it self. If you can fix this plz comment down.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally windows will install a generic keyboard driver that will give most keyboards basic functionality.
However if you have a wireless keyboard then it might fail to install drivers for the dongle (transceiver), in which case you may have to substitute a wired (USB / ps2) keyboard temporarily to move forward.

IF your mouse works and you can use that to get past the lock screen, you may be able to use the ease of access icon on the login screen to launch the On Screen Keyboard to get you through.
C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe

Reaction score
In my recent experience a clean bare metal or a reset install of Windows will always recognize the Logitech keyboard/mouse dongle, obviously the driver is now built into Windows. I bet it would recognize a Microsoft wireless mouse/keyboard dongle as well.

I actually have both wired keyboards and mice both ancient PS2 and USB in my junk box!

Reaction score
Try clicking Ctrl + Alt + Delete. It may be that secure lock is enabled.

Reaction score
Can you turn on the onscreen keyboard using a mouse? If so try using the enter key on that.
If not then boot into safe mode with networking & see if the keyboard works.

Reaction score
:confused:Can you turn on the onscreen keyboard using a mouse? If so try using the enter key on that.
If not then boot into safe mode with networking & see if the keyboard works.
He said that, among the other things, the mouse is not working either

Reaction score
IMO there has been a problem with the Windows Reset process and the Windows system is now screwed up. Windows contains default drivers for keyboard and mouse that will allow basic typing and basic mouse movements for all wired (inc USB) devices. That they seem not to work at all after a WIndows Reset points to a foul up with the reset. I would suggest a clean install of Windows would be the only reliable way to recover.

Reaction score
I did suggest a reinstall earlier, but have had some second thoughts. The mouse should be controlled, initially, from the bios. Nothing to do with windows in its earlier stage. So, I believe he has a wrong configuration in the bios, or, worst case, a bios battery failure.

Ask a Question