Cast to Windows Wireless Adapter

HPB

Reaction score
It appears that since the latest Windows 10 update, I can no longer connect my win 10 laptop to the Microsoft wireless adapter. I get a message that the PC does not support miracast. I have used this for over a year connecting to my TV at home. I also tried connecting to another TV with the same message. Is there a fix for this? I use it regularly.

Reaction score
I saw some comments about checking for firmware updates for some devices.

Were you using Miracast before or Wi-Di? I believe Intel has stopped supporting Wi-Di so if you have those drivers loaded you might check if they are involved.

What wireless adapter and video adapter do you have?

HPB

Reaction score
I am not very technical. I was using Microsoft wireless display adapter (bought it about 18 months ago) and a Dell Tablet/Laptop running WIN10. That is what I have always had and never before had an issue connecting. It looked like some updates to WIN10 were installed recently. The "Connect" button moved and there were more options. It didn't work on multiple TVs and gave an error that my device did not have or support Miracast. Don't know what that is or if I used it before. Since the original post, I changed to update device drivers automatically on the Dell. Haven't tried to connect since doing that but is that what you are suggesting?

Ask a Question