Ccleaner update

Reaction score
Dave Thanks! I have the latest version installed. Used CCleaner for years.

Reaction score
Dave, are you referring to this item under the 'Settings' header?
"- Fixed an issue where Automatic Update continued to inform users of an existing update after the setting had been disabled"

I took that as a reference to CCleaner updates, not Windows updates. Is that what you meant?

Reaction score
Hmm. Well.as far as I know, I don't think there is an automatic update to Ccleaner only an advice. But, now you bring it to my attention, my opinion is that it is for Windows, not Ccleaner.

Reaction score
In the CCleaner Pro version: Options > Settings > Automatically check for updates to CCleaner > Enable silent background updates

I can't find any setting in my CCleaner installation to enable/disable notification of Windows updates or to clean them.

Reaction score
I think that Piriform are just providing a useful link and detailed information on their product Ccleaner version history from v2.10.618 (29 Jul 2008) to v5.33.6162 (15 Aug 2017) Personally I think it's a great tool. I don't believe it has anything to do with Windows updates.ain
I just visited the link again, they have some outstanding products, there's even one for "Cloud" optimizing and cleaning, it will manage one computer or a fleet of computers from wherever you use your browser. BTW I'm no fan of "Cloud" never will be.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the CCleaner Pro version: Options > Settings > Automatically check for updates to CCleaner > Enable silent background updates

I can't find any setting in my CCleaner installation to enable/disable notification of Windows updates or to clean them.
I have no need for the Pro edition. The option is shown in the free edition, but is locked

Reaction score
Trouble Thanks for the update!
About a month back I was running Ccleaner and noticed at the bottom right hand corner of the program there was an orange link button that said "An Update is available Update Now"
I reluctantly clicked on the link and it took me to what seemed an unusual download site. I closed the link and updated through the normal Piriform site. I'm currently running the 5.34.6207 version of Ccleaner.

Bif

Reaction score
Avast owns Ccleaner?.. interesting...
I have an older portable version I use when helping friends with PC woes and a slightly out of date version on my two daily drivers, I'm always reluctant to update it for the very reason mentioned.
Still works as advertised.

Reaction score
If using the portable version you will not be effected. I'm suspecting this was a third party injection within the installation files on the download servers. It seems there is nothing wrong with CCleaner but the installation files will install Malware as a added bonus to CCleaner.

Reaction score
I'm currently running the version 534, I did have 533 installed (updated today!) but didn't notice anything wrong with both my computer systems!. :):):)

Reaction score
I also had no problems with 5.33. But, the warning is a wake up call. Times like this I rely on Malwarebytes.

Reaction score
Times like this I get fed up with this modern world.
Most I did with my spare time, when I was young, was stole apples of the local farmer's trees. Bit more harmful pursuits these days!

Reaction score
I lucked out. Of all the PC's I have it installed on, only one had been updated in the last couple months. Fortunately it was the 64 bit version.

Ask a Question