SOLVED CCleaner

Reaction score
What were Piriform thinking. I just updated CCleaner 5.4.1.6466 the new interface is horrible. When I first saw it I thought " What the hell"

Bif

Reaction score
I've been reading the same thing about the Android version, went from a great app to an unusable one with no longer a choice in settings as to what it "cleans"
It boggles the mind when developers do this to tried and true programs.

Reaction score
Bif At least we still have the option of what to clean, for now. It's the cleaners results that leaves me gob struck. It was nice seeing what was cleaned up. They must have made the changes for a reason, certainly not by popular demand.

Reaction score
Bassfisher OK Thanks! I missed that one LOL
I don't know about " Looks exactly the same"?
CC.PNG

Reaction score
Just a word of caution, guys. No, information.
Piriform was bought by Avast a while ago. They market Clcenaer under its own badge (Ccleaner.com) Whilst you might see the word "Piriform" pop up now and again, they no longer exist as a company.
One change of which to be aware. When you select the install option, there is a small square, bottom left, it is already ticked and inviting you to download Avast. I untick it!!

Because of the change of ownership, a few hackers have taken advantage to try and offer Ccleaner downloads from there own sites, normally infiltrated with various scams or even viruses.
I only tale the Ccleaner site for the download.
FWIW. I, also, don't see any difference in the interface, unless I elect to see the results.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
When you select the install option, there is a small square, bottom left, it is already ticked and inviting you to download Avast. I untick it!!
Yep...way ahead of you.

FWIW. I, also, don't see any difference in the interface, unless I elect to see the results.
Yep....interface is exactly the same but the result pane/window is different.... Albeit the crappy app look.

Reaction score
I also noticed the crappy result page is now offering carrots. "Did you know you can exclude favorite websites from being scanned" "Are you being watched" "We can speed up your PC start...
All just a click away for the unwary users. Gotcha!

Reaction score
I have mine customised to close on completion, so I could not comment on the results page.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've come to realize that software marketers seem to have an unquenchable need to screw around with the interface.
I think they want people to believe they are getting something new, so they mess about with buttons and icons, text and toolbars.
Believing for some inexplicable reason that dressing it up to look new and shiny will attract more customers.
While under the hood there is likely little if any actual difference in the program itself, since actual developers have no such need to change something that actually works.

Ask a Question