SOLVED CCleaner

Reaction score
I have 2 local accounts, Administrator and User.
I always log ON (daily) as User. When cleaning my PC (daily) before signing out) I run CCleaner, first as administrator, secondly as User.
My question is; If I don't use the Administrators account how come it always seem to have 2-24 MB of junk? Win Log Files maybe?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No idea, but.....
I suppose that some stuff may be passed along by virtue of the dreaded "all users".
I really couldn't say for sure. Can you look at them? Do they seem to be temp files, or cookies or other temporary internet files, maybe downloaded program files?

Reaction score
Trouble I will let you know in a day or so. Not much crap to clean yet. Yes! I'm thinking that may be cookies, log files... I have never really taken a good look at what it finds, just hit clean when its done.
I wonder how many folks who operate their PCs as (User) I do, how many GB of crap they must have residing in their Administrators account.

Reaction score
OK the Admin junk files identified and removed with the cleaner in the Admin account are, in the main, System Temp files, System Log files, Utilities (Anti Virus) IE and Edge browser cookies? I don't use either :rolleyes:browser.

Reaction score
Hey Norton,

When updates are downloaded and installed the new updates sometimes removes the unnecessary parts of previous updates and leaving traces behind.

Since updates affect all parts of software installed OS / Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware / Browsers etc whether it is used or not it is still updated and again it is going to leave behind traces of removed previous updates.

Using any part of your computer is always going to leave behind junk files and tracking cookies as just no way around them even when using private browsing mode.

When removing or uninstalling software programs a software removal tool such as "Revo Uninstaller" free version and then a follow up using "FileLocator Lite" free version to manually remove all traces of removed software programs.

I have found it best when using cleaners as CCleaner to start with all user accounts and then clean administrator account.

Administrator account should only be used for installing software or doing system maintenance although this is only my opinion.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

https://mythicsoft.com/filelocatorlite

Life is Good.

The PoorGuy :cool:

Reaction score
poorguy Thanks for the update, I only use the local Admin account for maintenance or installs.
I'll try running the user account then the administrator, i don't think it will make a huge difference.

Bif

Reaction score
@Norton
Did you notice any difference at all running Ccleaner as admin?..
Often thought of trying it but haven't as of yet..

Reaction score
Bif No I didn't notice any difference other than gaining disk space. Right click on CCleaner and run as admin, you will be surprised what it finds. I run the cleaner every night before logging off, first run is as User second as Admin.

Ask a Question