Ccleaner

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Anybody else having a issue with Ccleaner and Chrome. Not that it's a issue but more of an annoyance or bug which I shall report. Just wanted to see if any body else is having this issue.

Issue: When running Ccleaner (latest version).....it always asks if I want it to close chrome. I've all ready closed chrome. I select yes...then get the message that it's not wanting to close and if I want to force it closed. I select yes and Ccleaner does it's thing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've all ready closed chrome
IF you check Task Manager after closing Chrome, you'll see that it is likely still running.
Chrome will run background tasks unless you uncheck the box in advance settings.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I use Firefox, the kids use Chrome; CCleaner has always asked the same question about closing browsers. If I recall, so did IE. I don't really have a big issue with it, it's just CC going about it task of clearing browser cache, history, cookies...
CCleaner often asks me to close Explorer too occasionally. I run it every night as Admin and user. It always finds tons of crap in the Admin mode, even though I always run in user mode.

Reaction score
CCleaner often asks me to close Explorer too occasionally.
I'm not getting the message any more, but what irritated me was getting the message to close Edge. I never used Edge, and at the moment I don't plan to. But there for a while every time I ran CCleaner, I was asked to close Edge.

Reaction score
clifford I believe I have been asked the same question, I never use Edge. I think the browsers may be running in the background?

Ask a Question