SOLVED Chili internet security

Reaction score
My internet provider offered me a free internet security software called Chilli. When I installed it it disabled the defender and firewall and took it over. Anyone having issues by this software. Chili also works on winXP SP3 which I am happy with because there is no support for WD on this system.

Best regards
Jorn Johanesson

Regedit32

Reaction score
No idea whether their claims of being best for last three years is accurate. It seems everyone wants to claim they are the best.

If you're happy with the software then ask your ISP to give you the Family Package which has unlimited use on unlimited devices, unlike your current offer which may be legally used on a single device only, and then only for a single calendar year. You probably want to make sure you are not being charged the USD$6.95 a month for it too! If you are paying for that you'd be better off purchasing your own Internet Security software, or using Microsoft's built in security software.

Regededit32

Reaction score
As Regedit mentioned, they all claim to be the best.
If you are looking for the worst, go no further than this forum.
There are many posts on viruses, malware that have got through users Antimalware programs that claim to be the "Best" Go with your heart.

Reaction score
well what I got was a family pack for unlimited devices free of charge because I was a user of their waoo internet. I think as long I am on their net it will remain free. If they start to charge me I will return to windows defender and windows firewall. I though had an issue with windows defender that a virus blocked to work so i had to invest in a virus remover software to get it to work again. It was on a window7

Reaction score
My internet provider offered me a free internet security software called Chilli. When I installed it it disabled the defender and firewall and took it over. Anyone having issues by this software. Chili also works on winXP SP3 which I am happy with because there is no support for WD on this system.

Best regards
Jorn Johanesson

Reaction score
Never heard of it..Sorry.
Also the Product description is vague to say the least?
http://www.chilisecurity.com/pc/internet-computer-security/
Use your own judgement..When it comes to Internet Security, choose wisely.

All the Best,
Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator
Consumer Products

I have not yet had any problem on winXP or win 10 with this. Sometimes I also run windows defender scanning my computer. My computers are still safe. The winxp is a specific edition. I can not run defender on the winXP machine.

Ask a Question