Clean Install: Stuck in Reboot Loop

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Ive never posted to a forum like this before, I always was able to solve problems by myself. This time tho, Im just desperate. I beg you, please help me.

Upon buying a 2TB SATA SSD, I wanted to clean install Windows 10 on it. Ive got another 250GB SSD where I actually would prefer to have the OS on. Tried both, didnt work.
Here are my steps:

1) Downloaded Windows10.iso
2) Used Rufus to create a bootable Stick (32GB, stick formatted before)
3) Set boot order in BIOS to USB stick first
4) MB supports "Legacy + UEFI" mode
5) Booted the stick, Windows installer comes up as supposed
6) both SSDs are formatted, I let Windows create the Partition on the targetted SSD
7) after installation, I removed the stick and tried to restart -> doesnt work

It says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". So the installation apparently didnt work. It is NOT about the boot order, I already changed it to the targetted SSD, even tried an boot override, an option on my MB that lets me force booting thru a certain option.
Still, I always get the same error: reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

I appreciate any input on what else to try or where the error could come from.

Been troubleshooting this for 16 hours now. I am done. Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers

Ask a Question