Confused on OneDrive

Regedit32

Reaction score
When I go to "add/remove apps it;s not there either as shown below.

If you are looking for OneDrive in the Apps & Features list, it will be listed as Microsoft OneDrive

If instead, you look on the list of Apps, that appears when you click Start you instead see it listed there under O as OneDrive

In your last post, you posted an image of This PC > Documents, with a backup folder highlighted. That folder is for an accounting software package named Quicken. That is nothing to do with Microsoft's OneDrive. Are you certain you are even using OneDrive?

Reaction score
Next day here for me!
Lol. I thought I knew, roughly, how it all worked. After the info here, I am now totally confused!
"That is because Sheba has either during installation of Windows 10, or some time after, set OneDrive to be the default location to backup their files. In the image they posted, the Documents folder they are selecting, when saving a File is actually OneDrives Documents folder, not the separate Documents folder you would access if you opened File Explorer and went to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents"

Well, for what it is worth, my File manager shows precisely the same as the clip. I do not have Onedrive existing anywhere on my computer. I also save, as the op, to the Documents folder - and there they are.
I have bad feelings about storing anything in what has now become called "Cloud" in several programs. I have an external, which is plugged in whilst I am active at the computer. Everything of relevance is copied there on completion.

Reaction score
If you right click on "Documents" (as in your first picture) and select Properties, then click the Locations tab, what is the path of the folder?

Reaction score
If you are looking for OneDrive in the Apps & Features list, it will be listed as Microsoft OneDrive

If instead, you look on the list of Apps, that appears when you click Start you instead see it listed there under O as OneDrive

In your last post, you posted an image of This PC > Documents, with a backup folder highlighted. That folder is for an accounting software package named Quicken. That is nothing to do with Microsoft's OneDrive. Are you certain you are even using OneDrive?

Regedit32, I was just trying to show how my file tree is. The highlight was just a random location. I have decided to take my laptop to our local Microsoft store to get help or else I will do a clean install and pay closer attention to the setup processes.

Reaction score
I am very confused about OneDrive... Is there any way you can tell the difference in HHD and OneDrive? I just got through losing some very important files due to I thought I was saving them to my HHD but I was actually saving them to OneDrive! I do not want to use OneDrive..... Everything I try to save to HHD it goes to OneDrive no matter what path I tell it to go. Is there any way to tell the difference in icons for each? then I find out instead of saving the file to where I want it saves to OneDrive only. Is there any way to get rid of OneDrive? How? The files that I have are Very sensitive info.

I disabled and uninstalled one drive, hopefully forever. It duplicated my folders and files so many times that I no longer knew which file is which. The Irony of one drive is that it sounds like a simple solution but it takes the reading of hundreds of articles to try and understand it, then you finally I realise that you still don't, especially when I'm uploading files and it tells me to "please wait while onedrive downloads your files" , go figure. It really needs a MASSIVE overhaul.

Ask a Question