SOLVED Onedrive not syncing

Reaction score
Hi people. slight problem with onedrive.

I installed rockstar game launcher than sits in the documents folder. as u know this folder is involuntarily synced to onedrive.

However because rockstar launching is always running and in use, i get a sync error for the files in the folder.

Is there anyways to fix this? im not very familiar with one drive.

i tried removing the folder from the sync, but it also game me an error.

any other solutions?

thanks

Attachments

• rockstar.JPG
    rockstar.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 374
  • rockstar2.JPG
    rockstar2.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 445

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
You can stop Rockstar game launcher from running all the time in it's settings as with all software. I do it for Steam, Origin and Epic....you just have to scroll through the settings to find it. That should stop the syncing issue.

AFA Onedrive goes....I turn that off as 5 GB of storage is absolutely useless for me.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Why not move the game out of your Documents folder.

If it must reside there, then left-click the OneDrive cloud icon in your Sys-tray and select More then select Pause and select a time to pause syncing for, while you play your game.

Reaction score
hmm yes good suggestions, its not the actual game that resides in the document folder, its the rockstar launcher itself. if i quit the launcher, one drive syncs. i open the launcher the sync problem returns.

is there no permanent solution to this? i quess i could change the install location of the launcher. ill try that and report back. thanks for the idea.. @bassfisher6522 i get 300 GB of onedrive additional storage through my ISP

EDIT: yeah you people are correct, the only way to sync it properly is to close down R* launcher. annoying, but acceptable! thanks :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question