SOLVED Constant Boot

Reaction score
Ran fine all night and all day. Installed the latest video driver rebooted fine. Checked again for Windows updates. Found 2 critical updates. Installed rebooted, and has not stopped rebooting. The pc never shows anything on screen or gets to a place I can boot from disk. Switched HDs to go back to win7 but still the same. Cannot get anything on screen. Just constant boot.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Switched HDs to go back to win7 but still the same
If I understand correctly you have two different physical drives, with a different Operating System on each and both are exhibiting identical symptoms when you attempt to boot the computer from either.

That might suggest some faulty hardware.
You might start by inspecting the system physically, look for blown / leaking capacitors on the mainboard, remove and reseat all components, interface cables and PSU connections.
Yank all the memory modules and try with a single memory stick. You may have to swap sticks and slots as well for testing until you find one that works in a slot that works.
You may have a faulty drive controller, so.......

You may want to grab a copy of a Linux Distro Live CD and see if it will boot and run your system.
http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=191
You can use ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive.

Reaction score
Entire board looks good. Nothing swollen, blown or leaking. I reset the CMOS and no change. I'll go next with the memory.
Thank you for the suggestions.
I'll let you know if anything happens

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I reset the CMOS and no change.
One other suggestion.
Remove power from PSU.
Remove CMOS battery
Hold the power button for 30 seconds or so.
Replace CMOS battery
Plug the PSU back in to the wall.
See if it will boot.

Reaction score
Bad memory removed. Boot up and bios recovery went smoothly.
Thank you Noob whisperer

Ask a Question