SOLVED Cookies blocked/unblocked on Firefox

Reaction score
When I'm saving a document to my OneDrive account, by directly saving from the document, I get an error message that cookies are not allowed on my Firefox browser. However, in Firefox, under Options/Privacy/:Firefox will . . ." the box "Accept cookies from sites" is checked and "Accept third-party cookies:" is marked: "Always." If I use Win Explorer I also sometimes get this same window but I just close it and transfer documents by dragging and dropping or cut/copy and paste and that works. But this takes a few extra steps. Anyone have any ideas?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Louis,

You may have all ready done this, but in case you have not:
  • In search box type cookies
  • In the list that appears click on Block or allow third-party cookies
  • Under the Privacy tab click the Advanced button
  • Make sure the radio buttons are checked for the following:
    • First-Party Cookies | dot next to Accept
    • Third-Party Cookies | dot next to Accept
  • Click OK, the window will close, click OK and the other window will close

That should resolve your issue, but if not report back.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I hadn't done it this way, I always used the drop-down menu in the upper right corner, so I entered "Cookies" in the Win search, got the Internet properties window, clicked on Privacy/Advanced but both First-party and Third-party accept boxes are already clicked. So this fix doesn't help. Do you have any other ideas? I appreciate the help!

Regedit32

Reaction score
So this fix doesn't help. Do you have any other ideas?

Repeat that previous step but put a checkmark next to Always allow session cookies | OK | OK

Report back if that improves your situation.

Actually, while you are there | the window before you click Advanced button | Have you checked the Sites button? Do you have any particular sites blocked? Try clearing them if you do. If you add sites to the allow section you can also give individual cookie privileges to those sites.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Something else - For whatever reason One Drive appears to default to IE's settings, even though you may be using a completely different browser by default.

Windows 10 comes with IE11; and at times the settings options with this browser can a be a little bugged.

If the above suggestions also fail, then try under the Advanced option to set both First and Third-party cookies to Blocked, then click OK and OK again. Close IE. Then re-open IE | tools | internet options | Privacy tab | Advanced button | and set both First and Third-party cookies to Accept and again click OK and OK, then close IE again.

Sometimes doing the exact opposite of what you want, then doing what you wanted to do un sticks the bugs.

Worth a shot anyway. :)

Reaction score
Again, thanks. I clicked on the session cookies line and tried saving a document and it worked. Maybe it's fixed now. I'll remain a little skeptical until I've tried it a few more times, but it does look like . . . Problem Solved.

Thanks!!

Regedit32

Reaction score
I clicked on the session cookies line and tried saving a document and it worked. Maybe it's fixed now. I'll remain a little skeptical until I've tried it a few more times, but it does look like . . . Problem Solved.

Nice one Louis,

Thanks for confirming that worked so far.

If it stops working let us know, but hopefully that is the issue resolved once and for all.

Regards,

Regedit

Ask a Question