SOLVED Corrupted Windows 10 disk

Reaction score
Well, the Partition Wizard worked just fine. I deleted all partitions on my SSD and made them all to one from PW. After like 3 seconds the SSD said "Bad Drive" and then it disappeared. I restarted the computer and went into PW but it still wasn't there..

What now? :-/

Reaction score
When you do a Windows Install, you need no partitions on the drive. It sounds like you are saying you created one large partition, which will not work.

Partition wizard does things like recovery partitions. If the Drive is configured as a GPT drive, you will want to tell Partition Wizard that prior to doing some type of recovery..

Reaction score
When you do a Windows Install, you need no partitions on the drive. It sounds like you are saying you created one large partition, which will not work.

Partition wizard does things like recovery partitions. If the Drive is configured as a GPT drive, you will want to tell Partition Wizard that prior to doing some type of recovery..
Okay i didn't know that but if it says "Bad Drive" and then it just disappears from pw then something must be wrong, right?

Sorry for being stupid, i'm only 13 y/o.

Reaction score
1. When you do a Windows Install, you need no partitions on the drive. It sounds like you are saying you created one large partition, which will not work.

2. Partition wizard does things like recovery partitions. If the Drive is configured as a GPT drive, you will want to tell Partition Wizard that prior to doing some type of recovery..
1. That's not true.
2. He's not doing a recovery.

Okay i didn't know that but if it says "Bad Drive" and then it just disappears from pw then something must be wrong, right?...
Maybe the SSD is bad which is why all the problems.
What is the make & model of the computer & the SSD?

Reaction score
The computer is home built, and i just found out that it is a sshd, this is what is says on it, "Seagate SSHD 1000gb" and i have an asus h81 plus motherboard.

The disk just appeared in PW again, as a "Bad Disk"....

Reaction score
My disk says BAD DISK and i can't format or do anything from PW, every option is greyed out. I got this error in Bootable PW after deleting my SSHD for a clean install. I needed to delete it from the for the cause of an error. Also i can't get into Windows, i can only get to recovery options from a bootable usb thumb drive. From there i can get to the command prompt.

- Jens

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
From there i can get to the command prompt.
At the command prompt type
Diskpart and hit enter
then type
list disk and hit enter
is the disk you are having trouble with, listed there?
IF so and depending on what your intentions are and how much you care about what might be on the disk you may not want to proceed with the following

After using list disk, if the disk is included in the list it will have an associated number as in Disk 0 or Disk 1, etc.
Type select disk # (where # is the associated number of the your problem disk)
WARNING: The following will wipe the contents of all partitions on the disk that you chose in the step above
Type clean and hit enter
All gone, so..... Again, be careful and know your target disk and that the consequence will be everything is gone..... No OS..... no data..... no anything.

IF your intention toward the disk is anything other than wiping it out and performing a clean custom install of the OS, then ignore all of the above.
You should probably attempt to attach the problem drive to another working system and see if you can manage to backup the contents of the problem disk, or......
Go to the disk manufacturer's website and obtain their proprietary diagnostic utility to perform tests on the drive and see if it needs to be RMA'd

Reaction score
The computer is home built, and i just found out that it is a sshd, this is what is says on it, "Seagate SSHD 1000gb" and i have an asus h81 plus motherboard.

The disk just appeared in PW again, as a "Bad Disk"....
That's a hybrid drive. Run Seagate Seatools & see what it reports.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OR you need to prepare the USB bootable media to facilitate a UEFI (secure boot) scenario

Rufus.JPG

Reaction score
Ah, i ran the Seagate Seatools but it didn't found any drive at all. I really can't understand this because it still appears in PW and bios but not in it's own software.. :(

Ask a Question