Possible corrupted Administrator Account Windows 10

Reaction score
When I attempt to sign into windows with my created administrator profile I get an error saying "the user profile service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded"
I am able to log in with another user ID but since it's not the administrator I can't change or download anything. Is there a way to delete/change this admin ID which appears to be corrupted since it doesn't show up in my user accounts, without formatting my drive? software Bear in mind I'm unable to download any software that might help.
Also I don't have the windows 10 disk, I downloaded the "upgrade".

Reaction score
When I attempt to sign into windows with my created administrator profile I get an error saying "the user profile service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded"
I am able to log in with another user ID but since it's not the administrator I can't change or download anything. Is there a way to delete/change this admin ID which appears to be corrupted since it doesn't show up in my user accounts, without formatting my drive?
Bear in mind I'm unable to download any software that might help.
Also I don't have the windows 10 disk, I downloaded the "upgrade".

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Without another admin account on the computer, I'm afraid your options are limited.
Do you have access to another computer from which you could download the installation media?
You'll need to boot from external media (outside the installed Operating System) in order to attempt to effectively fix the problem.
You can obtain the ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
Then Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

After which you can follow the steps outlined here to enable the hidden administrator account from which you can then create another local user as a member of the local administrators group.
http://pureinfotech.com/2015/11/20/how-reset-windows-10-forgotten-password-regain-access-computer/

Sorry but that's the best I can do given the information you've provided.

Ask a Question