CPU at 100%

Reaction score
Hi,
When i open the task manager the cpu shows 100% and speed is 3.4 GHz (my laptop base speed is 2.7) after some seconds it reduce to 10% and 0.93GHz and also if i am open any browser like edge, chrome my cpu performance reached 100% and speed is 3.4 GHz and intel GPU reached 100% after some it reduced to 13% and 2.5 GHz.
It is normal...? or kindly give some solution to fix this issue.....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Seems typical to me. Most current top tier CPU manufacturers have a built in capacity to accelerate and throttle the processor's performance based on demands.
I believe "Intel" calls theirs "Turbo Boost"
I'm relatively certain that AMD has something equivalent

Regedit32

Reaction score
I agree with Trouble on this.

I think AMD are using OverDrive technology, but happy to be corrected as hardware is not really my thing.

Reaction score
Seems typical to me. Most current top tier CPU manufacturers have a built in capacity to accelerate and throttle the processor's performance based on demands.
I believe "Intel" calls theirs "Turbo Boost"
I'm relatively certain that AMD has something equivalent
Give some some solution to solve this issue

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Give some some solution to solve this issue
As I tried to imply above, I don't believe "the issue" you are describing requires any attention on the part of the end user.
However..... with a little research on your part, with particular attention as to your specific "processor" as well as information as to your specific computer manufacturer and its' "firmware" (BIOS), you should be able to determine a means to disable this "feature".

AGAIN it is considered a setting intended to enhance the device's performance and should have no deleterious long term impact on your computer if left to its' default setting of "ON", as intended by the manufacturer.

Reaction score
My CPUs shows the same thing on all 4 of our PCs, 100% and then immediately drops to action whatever task is required. No issue that I'm aware of.

Ask a Question