Crashed desktop running Windows 10 Core (10.0.14379.0)

Reaction score
My desktop running Windows 10 Core (10.0.14379.0) has got a failed mother board (P4 with DDR ram) first week of July 2016 and I have wasted last few weeks trying to get it running again; failed. Since I do not have another desk top till my son reach here in November, is there any way I can get to boot from the hard disk? (I have only a HP 15 notebook which cannot be used for this purpose). Also is there any time limit for keeping the preview edition idle? What I mean is whether I can wait till November second week this year to use that pc for this purpose without Microsoft raising any objection?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
is there any way I can get to boot from the hard disk?
No.... IF the motherboard has failed, then it will not likely boot from anything until the motherboard is repaired or replaced.
whether I can wait till November second week this year to use that pc for this purpose without Microsoft raising any objection?
That looks like a redstone preview build, pre anniversary update.
I'm not so sure that the time delay involved will be your biggest problem. You may have some complication after repairing the computer unless you are able to find and use the same components in the repair.
Microsoft says..... that it has made things easier to re-activate Windows 10 after hardware has been changed. I haven't found that to be the case after trying and trying to reactivate after a motherboard switch and being told that the activation servers were not available. Three days later, I gave up and purchased another product key. So...... I wish you good luck and please keep us posted.

I don't expect you to have a time delay issue although Redstone 1 has already gone RTM and fast ring preview folk are already seeing Redstone 2 previews.

Ask a Question