Data back up in Windows 10 for multiple internal drives

Reaction score
I have 3 internal drives in my PC: an SSD drive for applications (C), a drive just for photos (F) and a drive for everything else (D).

I want to be able to back up the D and F drives to separate external drives, but I can't see a way to do this using Windows 10's built in back up s/w.

Can someone please advise if this is possible and how to do it? Alternatively are there 3rd party solutions that let you do it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It may be worth using some 3rd party backup software, as the Windows 10 backup software has some limitations (although it is possible to backup multiple drives). I find 3rd party software much better overall.

Personally, I use Acronis backup. However, I've also tried Macrium Reflect (Free) and that works well too:

Reaction score
If you want to make a 1 to 1 copy of your files you can use file manager to sync the internal drives to the external ones .I am using total commander for this for years but there are others that may work as well.
I use Acronis to make system images which has always worked well for me.
The important thing is to have a concept. Mine is to backup my files every other day (onto two different external drives) and make system images once a week. I have lost a lot of my files once for not backing up. That is why I came up with my concept.

Ask a Question