Deafening audio

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to windows 10 last week, and since yesterday, I've been having problems where either the audio doesn't work and I have to restart my computer, or it randomly goes extremely loud for a second, or for periods upwards of 20 minutes. It's not my headset, as I've tried multiple headsets and it does the same thing. Any help to fix this is appreciated, and is desperately needed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Cardboardimus, welcome to the forums :).

It could be a driver problem if you've tried different headsets. Have you had a look to see if there are any newer driver available? If you let us know your audio card model (or motherboard/laptop if it's integrated) and we can help search.

Does anything in particular trigger the volume change?

Reaction score
Thank you, Ian :)
My audio drivers are up to date, and I reinstalled them to be sure, but this only happened following an update on the 12th. This happens at random, and I've found no way to stop it or trigger it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you know which update it was that caused the problem on the 12th? You can go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Installed Updates, then selectively remove the updates installed on that date to see if that narrows it down.

Ask a Question