SOLVED Delete a program permanent?

Reaction score
In the start section preinstalled program is accidently deleted can it be reinstalled?

Reaction score
What program is it? If it's one of the Windows 10 pre installed apps, in should be in the Microsoft Store.

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
I am not sure if the Program is still installed "the Weather Station" and it was found in the Start screen. It is preinstalled after installing Windows 10, it is certainly not listed in Microsoft Store. What caused the muddle it showed two images and on deleting one, actually deleted both icons images and whether it is still installed, I am at a lost. Previous it has never showed two icons and this caused the trouble.

BigFeet,
It appeared to be a Windows preinstalled program and as already said not included in Microsoft Store

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

are you 100% sure it isn't showing in the Microsoft Store?. It will tell you if it is installed and you can launch it from there and pin it to the taskbar at least (after opening). :)

weather.jpg

weather 2.jpg

Reaction score
Pretty sure that the MSN Weather app was the one preinstalled. I removed mine a long time ago. But like Wolfie shows, it's in the Microsoft Store. I'm pretty sure all the preinstalled apps are in the store.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I am unable to remember its full name other than Weather ??? is the point in question, other than it black colour. It is certainly not weather MSN. In the Registry there are many references to Weather, the majority are MSN and Bing. Microsoft Store is certainly not showing anything near to what I am searching for.

Reaction score
Several weather apps listed here. :)

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I salute you both sincerely with thanks. "Keep track of the Weather" that you suggested was exactly what was required. The original icon is for London, on clicking search, enabled me to icon my home town and now works exactly as previously. In the start screen I have two icons London and my own town name. As I have no wish to mess things up, as no doubt you realise that I am prone 100 per cent, is it safe to remove the London icon or leave well alone? It can be said with all sincerity, if in trouble Windows10forum members will help you out. Please accept my thanks appreciated.
As BigFeet said MSN Weather app was correct.

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

I would leave both apps installed as they are only a couple of KB's in size and won't hurt. Please mark as solved if you are happy. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
Will do as you suggested, best to leave things as they are. I am certainly more than delighted in having back my Weather Program, what foxed me was the MSN part. Thank you again, appreciated.

Ask a Question