SOLVED Dell integrated webcam video not working after Windows 10 update

Reaction score
Dave..... have you tried your integrated WebCam with Skype and if so.... does it seem to work for you?

Works fine -blanked out my photo, it would shock too much - lol

Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think he expressly said that he has the same
Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.
situation as you've reported. I was just wondering if he might be able to duplicate your particular issue on one of his devices.

Reaction score
That is understood. I have two dell Laptops, which get that message. I am using one now. Both work 100% with Windows 10. No backward compatibility drivers were needed.

Other than the webcam, I didn't have any problems with going to Windows 10. If I didn't use Skype, I might never have known about the webcam issue.

Reaction score
I think he expressly said that he has the same

situation as you've reported. I was just wondering if he might be able to duplicate your particular issue on one of his devices.

Looks like his webcam is working if he can take a picture with it.

Reaction score
If that post is for me. Sure it is working. As you say, I pointed the screen camera for a blank view and took a snapshot.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Device manager -> Imaging Devices -> Your WebCam -> right click -> disable -> right click -> enable.

There isn't some physical switch or Fn Key Combination that turns the thing on and off is there?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hey dave, do me a favor....
Check the details tab in that dialog box and change the drop down to HardwareIDs and copy and paste the top line of the value box into your next post.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hope to compare the same information with the OPs device

Reaction score
Just to point out. The Laptops which I am using, are a different model, but Windows 10 installed those generics. There was no i9nteraction from me - they just worked.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The Laptops which I am using, are a different model
Understood.
Was just wondering how close the actual WebCam might be to yours, which as best I can determine has a Ricoh chipset and was built by Creative for Dell.

Reaction score
USB\VID_0C45&PID_644A&REV_2208&MI_00
USB\VID_0C45&PID_644A&MI_00

My driver date is 6/21/06

Driver version 10.0.10586.0

There is a message:
Device USB\VID_0C45&PID_644A&MI_00\7&32a2affe&0&0000 requires further installation.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't find anything specific on that one.
I assume the 6/21/06 driver that you reference is also (like dave's) a generic Microsoft Driver?
Not sure if you saw my post above, was just wondering.....
Device manager -> Imaging Devices -> Your WebCam -> right click -> disable -> right click -> enable.

There isn't some physical switch or Fn Key Combination that turns the thing on and off is there?

As a personal test, as I haven't used a WebCam since Windows XP, I dug through my closet and came up with my very old Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000.
Plugged it into my USB port, grabbed the latest driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog, installed it

Capture.PNG

Fired up Skype and all was good.
Very sorry I've run out of ideas

Reaction score
Thanks so much for trying. I really appreciate all your efforts.

I just tried my Logitech USB webcam and it works!

Any ideas that means in terms of the integrated webcam?

Last edited:
Reaction score
A passing thought, on rereading the thread.
You have been to Settings - Privacy - camera. I have "Let Apps use my camera" "On" by my default. I switched it off to test, but could still use the camera. But maybe worth a try?

Reaction score
I tried switching the camera off and it made no difference. Thanks for the idea.

I definitely feel that it is a driver issue created by Windows 10. My hunch is that it worked initially when I downloaded Windows 10 a month or two ago but there was a very recent Windows 10 update which may have affected the webcam drivers.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You can test that theory by rolling back the driver if that option is available
Check device manager, double click the webcam under imaging devices, select the driver tab and see if the button to roll back the driver is available to you.
You may have to do it multiple times to get all the way back to a working driver.

Reaction score
Dave H and Trouble,

Problem solved!!! You will not believe it but I kept researching the issue and stumbled upon the solution. I squeezed the area around the webcam between the cover and the bezel. Voila! My webcam works!!!

Thank you both for your assistance. I really appreciate it.

Ask a Question