SOLVED Disabled Keyboard

Reaction score
In the past two days, once I've logged into Windows 10 (successfully with normally-functioning keyboard) I can no longer type anything. The letter keys just produce a click through the speakers. Even stranger, if I hold down a letter key for two clicks then release, it prints the letter. I've tried two different (wireless) keyboards and they both become disabled in the same way. Some of the function keys perform normally. It's just impossible to type. I've never encountered this problem before, and I've been using Windows 10 since the free upgrade earlier this year. I've run a full Windows Defender Scan and also a Malwarebytes Scan. All clear. Any ideas please?

Reaction score
I'm now going to answer my own question, courtesy of some other forum post I stumbled across relating to a similar problem with Windows 8. It would appear that for reasons unknown my keyboard filters had been switched on, and this was remedied by going to Settings and Accessibility, and switching off keyboard filters. I am now back to normal.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for coming back and updating your thread with that solution.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question