Documents (Word & Excel) all missing after migration to Windows10

Reaction score
I have a problem where all my Office 2013 documents (word and Excel) disappeared after migrating to Windows 10. Microsoft support just say that they have gone without a trace. Not much support there. Fortunately I have a 99% backup but I now do not trust Windows 10 not to lose more. I think there is a bug in the migration but cannot get the message to Microsoft

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The upgrade to Windows 10 should not have actually lost anything, assuming the option to keep everything (programs, settings, files) was selected when the upgrade was performed.
You might have a look in C:\Windows.OLD and see if there is anything there, or.....
C:\Users\YourUserName or C:\Users\YourOldUserName

Reaction score
All checked by me and also Microsoft with remote access. Pictures, scans etc all OK but all Word and Excel files gone without a trace. Because I have a 99% backup available I am not going to waste any more time on this but something is not working on the upgrade program and people need to be aware to backup their data. I am trying to get MS to take it seriously and look into it but not sure they are really taking the problem on board.

Ask a Question