SOLVED Does releasing 18351.7 to slow ring mean anything for RTM possibility?

Reaction score
It seems the speculation about events in the next few weeks are already starting. I seem to feel the latest fast ring release will become the RTM but having a build with a .7 seems a little strange. Maybe there was something in the original release of that build they want to test..

I suppose even if it doesn't mean the RTM is close, it is still about time to get our systems ready for the next new public release..

Reaction score
I really wish I had a PC on the fast ring so I could test these before the RTM comes out. I have one on the slow ring, but I do some productivity on it, so I'm hesitant. Has the builds been stable so far?

Reaction score
I was encouraged to try this and it got close to working but finally the same old error "missing component". After letting the computer recover it shows this message when booting.
[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

Reaction score
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787
I suppose you have checked for the file and it shows a version close to the OS version you are currently running? If you had a bad system file, it looks like running a System File check would pick it up and hopefully replace it. The number on the end designates something about the file or where something is located in the file, such as different numbers would show different versions of an icon.

The listing below is what I show when I select edit on the desktop.ini file. Maybe I have small icons selected for the desktop and the -21769 designates that. If it is related to icons, perhaps you are missing one version of small, medium or large. You might try changing something on your desktop and see if the numbers change for your system. But, of course, it may not be related to icons, I can only guess. Maybe you even need to add the line to the desktop.ini file.

Also, there may be two desktop.ini files. One of mine seems to relate to Nvidia. Let us know before you decide to actually edit any .ini files.

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769
IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

Last edited:

Ask a Question