Doesn't recognize input PDFs

Reaction score
FILE name form shows up as (changed from real file name) = FIL#####,CHK Adobe Reader will not read it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That doesn't look to be a typical PDF file.
It sort of looks like a found file or orphan produced by the native Check Disk utility.
You need to make sure that you are not "hiding" file extensions of known types and confirm that the file has a dot pdf (.pdf) file extension.

Reaction score
Nevertheless it was created by copying a flash drive & the file WAS a PDF & is so receognized in a Windows 7 laptop.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you using a different program on the Windows 7 laptop to view PDF documents (Adobe Reader, FoxIt reader, etc.,)
May try using that on the Windows 10 machine and see if it works better.
You may have to adjust your default program for PDF viewing here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs

Reaction score
Are you using a different program on the Windows 7 laptop to view PDF documents (Adobe Reader, FoxIt reader, etc.,)
May try using that on the Windows 10 machine and see if it works better.
You may have to adjust your default program for PDF viewing here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs

Reaction score
Reading is one thing. I had a processor which would read it. But I also have to have the correct file name. & FIL#####.CHK where ##### represents a number camouflages the real file name; so it's a problem all around. I want a soloution. Why it occurs in Win 10 but not in Win 7 beats me.

Ask a Question