Edge Beta

Reaction score
Any members here who are subscribing to the Edge development?
It has a little way to go, but, at the moment, I am finding it difficult to use ' The fonts are faint and not solid. I have explored the problem extensively. Change into manty different fonts ….etc. Q & A session on the edge forum did not get an intelligent response.
Does anyone else have this, or is it Computer, or hardware related to my computers (3xDell)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Using it, although not all the time. I don't notice much difference in appearance between the Dev version and the General Product.
Have you experimented with the Hardware Acceleration Slider in Settings under the System link (left column).

Capture.PNG

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Any members here who are subscribing to the Edge development?
It has a little way to go, but, at the moment, I am finding it difficult to use ' The fonts are faint and not solid. I have explored the problem extensively. Change into manty different fonts ….etc. Q & A session on the edge forum did not get an intelligent response.
Does anyone else have this, or is it Computer, or hardware related to my computers (3xDell)
No working ok on mine just had new update and apart from going faster nothing else is untoward so it has to be your end

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, Trouble. Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference. Oddly, If I magnify up to 110%, the problem is solved. But, for me, if I cannot find the fault, it is a No No.
I don't know if the difference shows so much with these two clips. First is the regular and the second, with the Beta.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't know if the difference shows so much with these two clips
It does, remarkably well in fact..... and
I have absolutely no blink'n idea what's causing that.

I'm certain you've gone through the whole Clear Type / font smoothing deal, so I won't bother

Reaction score
Browsers sometime have settings as to whether to use their own fonts or stick with what is on the website. If you can find any such options, you might try that.

If you look at the Fonts dialog, there is an option to adjust Clear Type fonts. I do not know if they would effect the Browser. While there, you might also check which fonts you have installed.

Is your Display DPI set to 100% or some multiple?

I have never liked Edge and never wanted to use Chrome. Probably, the combination of the two will not cause me to go that direction.

Reaction score
Tks. I have pretty uch toyed with every possibilty. Fwiw, the new Edge does have font selection. I booted up an old Acer and , with that, the Edge beta was perfect. Seems it may be a problem an conflict with Dells, or the Intel graphics.
I!ll wait until Tuesday (hopeful), and see if the OS update improves anything. Not a real problem -we are not lost for a choice of browsers

Reaction score
Sorry. Trying to write with my Ipad again in my previous post..
Anyway, it seems that I was not alone. MS have done something to the edge fonts. Still needs some improvement, for me, but it is now useable.

Ask a Question