EDGE

Reaction score
Hi Tim see also please my reply on the thread I started "windows 10 system apps"

To be honest Tim of the three, memory, CPU and bandwidth usage for me the least concern is bandwidth, but it is a concern none the less.
In what universe is it acceptable that applications the "user" is not "using" are consuming XXX mb's of internet bandwidth constantly? its not as if this "flow" is "now and then" or "sometimes" it is a constant stream up and down 100% of the time the computer is on with windows 10. Open your system config and task manager and you will see that regardless of what browser you are using Edge is cooking away 24/7/365 "doing god knows what" because "you" the user had not requested it to do anything. and this is BTW, regardless of any attempts to adjust with settings.
?
FWIW.-
I use IE as my default. Any links I click open with IE. My task manager does not show any Edge activity.

Reaction score
I think I have solved my problem and do not understand why. I made EDGE my default browser and I pinned IE and Google to the task bar. Now when I open IE or Google and browse Edge is not opening. Also my Favorites are listed as they were with WIN 7

Ask a Question