End of Security support for Windows 10, Version 1507 on all devices

Reaction score
They don't want users hanging on to what works for them. Windows 10 is like a Tsunami, it will wipe out all traces of previous versions and force users to rebuild.

Reaction score
They don't want users hanging on to what works for them. Windows 10 is like a Tsunami, it will wipe out all traces of previous versions and force users to rebuild.
Couldn't have put it better myself.
Which is why only one of my five PCs is running W 10 the others are back to W 7.
And obviously my main PC is on W 7. ;)

Reaction score
Defender I'm back and running on my Win 7 laptop. MS screwed me around, again with Win 10 downloads my monthly data cap is at 90% and I still have 10 days to go_One more update would push me over the edge.

Reaction score
Defender I'm back and running on my Win 7 laptop. MS screwed me around, again with Win 10 downloads my monthly data cap is at 90% and I still have 10 days to go_One more update would push me over the edge.
Yes i got got fed up having to reinstall.
I have never known a time when i actually dreaded updates and after the PC rebooted to see what had screwed up.
Going back to W7 was the only way forward.
When W10 was working it was a great O S But if my last PC gets screwed up i will be back to W 7 on all my P Cs
I will then wait until W 11 comes out and see how that goes before changing over anymore.;)

Reaction score
Trouble what a great idea. I'm going to have a T shirt printed too. Already have one "Blue Screen of Death"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's just the whole philosophical idea of going back to go forward struck me as Zen like.
Of course those of us who have been around Windows 10 already have the
"One step forward and two steps back" T-Shirt.

Reaction score
HI @Norton,

do you not have any other ISP's where you live?, I have unlimited download capacity with my ISP here in Germany, I do of course pay a flat-rate for telephone and internet/TV, some months I do a lot (especially Linux ISO's) and some months I don't. :)

Reaction score
Of course those of us who have been around Windows 10 already have the
"One step forward and two steps back" T-Shirt.
And a constant migraine.
I now only have one PC running W 10 i still check in here quite often as the W 7 forum is nowhere near as active and entertaining as this one. ;)

Reaction score
Wolfie I have a very good ISP and could go unlimited, but I refuse to let MS force me to upgrade. Win 10 updates seem to have increased in frequency and just get bigger and bigger with the bloat. As long as I have Windows 7 I'm cool, I can control MS, not the other way round. Windows 7 was the best OS, Windows 10 is a pirate.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's a brave new world. Ever evolving.
My 8 year old grand daughter really doesn't know anything other than Windows 10, so more than occasionally I get those "What the heck are you talking about" eye rolls if I dare reminisce about the good old days of DOS and such.
So it's a new generations turn at bat to take us forward to whatever comes next in technology and we old-timers need to get out of the way and leave them to it.
I'll try to keep up.
Lord knows we generated our fair share of embarrassments with our efforts

Although with the OneDrive outage today.....
I'm still not completely ready to give the whole mobile / cloud based thing a sincere embrace or endorsement.
Title: Can't access OneDrive

User Impact: Some users are intermittently unable to access their OneDrive files.

Current status: We've restarted and rebalanced a subset of the affected infrastructure to increase service availability. We're continuing to apply these remedial steps across the remainder of the affected infrastructure, which is expected to take approximately 5 hours.

Start time: Friday, August 11, 2017, at 3:00 AM UTC

Next update by: Friday, August 11, 2017, at 6:00 PM UTC
https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

Reaction score
I will never be ready to embrace cloud. I like to know where my files are going and who can access them.

Reaction score
Agree with you entirely on the Cloud thing Norton, I will never upload any of my personal files to a 3rd party storage unit, you never know what might happen!. ;)

Reaction score
It's a brave new world. Ever evolving.
My 8 year old grand daughter really doesn't know anything other than Windows 10, so more than occasionally I get those "What the heck are you talking about" eye rolls if I dare reminisce about the good old days of DOS and such.
So it's a new generations turn at bat to take us forward to whatever comes next in technology and we old-timers need to get out of the way and leave them to it.
I'll try to keep up.
Lord knows we generated our fair share of embarrassments with our efforts

Although with the OneDrive outage today.....
I'm still not completely ready to give the whole mobile / cloud based thing a sincere embrace or endorsement.

https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

Fully in agreement, Trouble.

I also experience the aghast looks from both my children and grandchildren. I am, positively and steadily, retiring from the Help field. I no longer feel I can keep conscientiously or diligently up to date with modern trends.

Even my grandchildren, aged ten to eighteen, can get into computer discussions which leave me sneaking away to look up in Google!!

Think I'll switch to Linux - they don't have any interest (yet) in that.

Reaction score
On the thread topic, Security. I agree with the posts in the thread. If we are discussing better security and its issues, it seems, to me, a retrograde step to speak in the same context of cloud storage - just my opinion.

Ask a Question