SOLVED Error message - "Windows cannot access \\[computer]...You do not have permission..."

MFL

Reaction score
Sorry to put you to all this trouble. SFC may have repaired some things on the first run and possibly some on the second, but none of them seemed to have the word "network" in them.

Will Windows repair run directly from the setup file in the Windows folder on my USB drive? MS online instructions tell you to boot up from that folder.

I made and saved a Belarc scan

Reaction score
ok, sorry for so long. had IP 19635 update and had to fix some other RTM updates.
where is the belarc scan - you never attached. so we can see what all is missing... and many things are involved in "Networking"
AV, Firewall, permission settings, and many others. Im sure it is not as simple that "SHARING" some folder is missing.
Can inaccessible see it self in network?
1590714185800.png
3900X is this computer with all others on Network removed.

Reaction score
OK - here is another FREE Program, have tested and so far it does a very very remarkable job of fixing things...
2 clients reported back - not easy cause they failed to read all things. but finally it did work.

get this and let it run all the way thru. READ CAREFULLY.
tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup 4.8

MFL

Reaction score
Inaccessible can see itself on its network file explorer and whatever folders in it I have made into shares.

MFL

Reaction score
Here is my Belarc scan.

Attachments

• Belarc Advisor - Computer Profile May 28.pdf
    346.2 KB · Views: 379
Reaction score
If I read your info properly MFL is the Admin, I would also disable your AV and Malware Programs then make sure you are Local Admin.
they try to access the other computers.

MFL

Reaction score
I am the Local Administrator. In the past, I disabled the AV & Firewall on a couple of occasions before trying to access the computer on the network, to no avail. I tried doing so again, to no avail.

Is Windows Repair a choice if I run the Windows ISO folder (via Setup)?

Reaction score
Windows Repair is different. from update repair. doing setup is simply a way to fully reset you windows all back to default.
some program change things that Windows needs. (ah yes, I see MFL)

MFL

Reaction score
So MS offers no way to repair Windows without reinstalling it (and losing all the programs you have installed) except by running their included troubleshooters. Reinstalling would require way too much time to be worth it.

You suggested Tweaking as a Windows fixer. Is there a risk it could do damage rather than help or does it simply not function if you screw up while trying to use it?

I ran SFC again and the log showed that no repairs had been made. Does that mean that Windows is happy?

Reaction score
So MS offers no way to repair Windows without reinstalling it (and losing all the programs you have installed) except by running their included troubleshooters. Reinstalling would require way too much time to be worth it.
This is 100% crap, you ask, i have told you how to repair Windows. It will not mess with any thing you have installed none of your DATA or Program will be effected. (SFC /scannow only scans and fixes SYSTEM FILES) and there are many many more than System file, and all you need to do.
1. open your Download Folder.
2. make a directory (ISO).
3. take the USB you made, extract all the files into the directory Download\iso
4. now click setup and it will repair your current install.
IT WILL NOT MESS WITH ANY OF YOU PROGRAMS OR DATA....
When to repair install Windows 10

A Windows 10 in-place upgrade/repair installation can be performed to fix one or more of the following:
follow the instructions and when you GET HERE... click install.

1590802210297.png

MFL

Reaction score
I reinstalled Windows with all programs saved. No change - the inaccessible computer remains inaccessible with the same error message showing on other network computers.

Reaction score
sorry to hear that. only thing left would be try Tweaking.com repairAIO free version

MFL

Reaction score
It was explained many times on MS Forum. to repair install, and since Windows XP this feature has worked, and been explained.
take the USB insert it and run setup. or if that scares you uncompress all the files on the USB to your user Download folder in a folder called ISO. run the setup from there and follow instructions. it is easy, it does work,

you never said if SFC fixed and issues or had more to fix. many times system files can be corrupt and windows will still run. Not perfect but will run,
many different things can be attempted, to try and fix this issue, since it really is not know what exactly the issue is.. all we can do is simply try to fix. The first thing is we have to insure that Windows is in top shape. with NO ISSUES. then to try and fix all the other stuff. then we need to have a pretty good idea on what isin you inaccessible system. (Programs, malware, AV, trojans, cracks, hacks, and if you have allowed any thing via exception to stay installed. What 3d party programs do you have installed, are they all genuine or patched.

a nice program to assist in this is BelArc, (FREE) then save the scan to a txt file, then zip the file so you can attach, and members can see what you have so as to assist. It also will check and give you some idea

MFL

Reaction score
Solved after 2 plus years of frustration!! From a post on Social.Technet.Microsoft.Com:

Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)

Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Select RestrictAnonymous

Double click it and set the value to 0. Click OK

Reboot the computer

Reaction score
Solved after 2 plus years of frustration!! From a post on Social.Technet.Microsoft.Com:

Select RestrictAnonymous

Reboot the computer

Select RestrictAnonymous

Reboot the computer
Thanks to the poster there and thanks to you. Finally got it working.

Ask a Question