SOLVED "Ethernet cannot configure ip"

Reaction score
Hi guys, woke up today and found that my desktop wasn't able to connect to the internet. I tried restarting my router but afterwards I noticed that every other device in my home was connected with no issue. I googled a few fixes but none seemed to do the trick for me. I tried connecting my desktop to wifi using a dongle but it gave me the error "wifi cannot configure ip"

I've read about downloading drivers on a usb drive and then installing them on my desktop but I'm not sure which drivers I need since it's a custom built computer. Would I look at my motherboard to see what kind of drivers I need?

Reaction score
Solved it by using this method:

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Just posting it incase someone has this issue down the road and they google it. You guys can close this thread now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your solution.
AND
Welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
there seems to be a problem with Hybrid Shutdown after Windows Update. You can solve the problem by holding down shift when pressing shutdown. After it should be ok

Ask a Question