Ethernet connection

Reaction score
Since switching my two desktops from Win 7 to Win 10 a fairly constant problem is the loss of connection.
Sometimes on log-on, on one PC or the other I will have to reset the Ethernet adapter; but very occasionally I will lose the connection whilst it is running, normally after it has gone to sleep, with the "there are no connections available" message being displayed
I never had this problem on Win 7, so is this yet another Win 10 "anomaly" ?
I have no idea what causes it, but I do know it drives me to distraction as it simply means yet more hours wasted chasing up Windows oddities, and there are so many more important things in life than Microsoft!!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
occasionally I will lose the connection whilst it is running, normally after it has gone to sleep
Check the properties of your network adapter in device manager, power management tab uncheck the box as indicated

PowerMgmtTab.JPG

Reaction score
Sounds like a driver issue for your ethernet card.

Hi Jake
The card is up to date, but I can only think that as these PC's aren't the latest model; that maybe their technology is not 100% up to snuff. Due to replace them, but wasn't going to just yet.
But thanks for the reply
Richard

Ask a Question