SOLVED Ethernet Properties UI showing environment variables.

• Thread starter Matthew Egersdorfer
  • Start date
M

Matthew Egersdorfer

Just updated to Windows 10 v1703 yesterday now I get these annoying environment variables in my Ethernet Properties.

Already tried resetting the network adaptor under All Settings>Network & Internet>Status>Network Reset. But it was not resolved.

Anybody else get this, if so did you resolve it and how?

Thank You.

Attachments

• Ethernet Properties.jpg
    Ethernet Properties.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 774

Regedit32

Reaction score
I've got the same Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. I'm using Windows 10, Version 1703, Build 15063.138

When you click the configure button and select Drivers tab what version do you have.

I'm still using version 9.1.406.2015 and am not experiencing the issue with properties displaying as paths.

Perhaps you could choose between updating the driver, or rolling it back.

In terms of the Reset option you used via the Status panel, another way of doing this is via an elevated command prompt. To do that simply:
  • Type comm in your search/Cortana field
  • Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  • Click Yes when the User Account Control prompt appears
  • Now in the Administrator: Command Prompt console type or copy & paste the following:
Code:
netcfg -d

Press Enter key to execute.

When its done you'll be prompted to press any key to restart computer, or you can simply close the console and restart your computer when it suits you.​

Regards,

Regedit32

M

Matthew Egersdorfer

My Driver Version is 10.9.422.2016. Already using the most up to date driver. Unfortunately, Roll back is not an option. I deleted the previous windows installation. So i'm kinda stuck with v1703 for now.

Resetting the network adaptor with the command prompt never worked also.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I was not meaning to roll back the OS, but rather the driver for your Network.

So from Device Manager, choose to update the driver, then select second option to choose from list, and then choose an earlier version. It is worth a shot.

Regedit32

Reaction score
M

Matthew Egersdorfer

Sorry Still nothing. Will probable do I clean install some time in the near future.

Reaction score
That new drivers installs fine here.

...restart...

Whether it does any good or not on my system I don't know but it does no harm

M

Matthew Egersdorfer

Seem to have figured something out. I uninstalled most of them, then reinstalled them. Can't remember them all though. Will have to look at my other windows 10 on my Vbox.
If anybody is up to it, a screenshot of the all the services in their Ethernet Properties will be of great help. Not sure if my Win10 in my vbox will have all the necessary services. You might have to scroll down you list and make two or three screenshots.

Also, the ipv4 and ipv6 can't be uninstall, button is greyed out. probable for good reason.

The screenshot I uploaded now, only shows some of the services. need to make sure which services I need, before I continue.

Attachments

• Ethernet Properties after install.jpg
    Ethernet Properties after install.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 690

Regedit32

Reaction score
Here is my Ethernet settings.

Note: Depending on your Security software you may have a few additional items I do not have as I at the moment am only using Windows Defender Security Center, and Windows Firewall, whereas I see you are using Comodo Internet Security Firewall.

ethernet.png

M

Matthew Egersdorfer

Sorry for taking so long to post a reply. I've been very busy.

I have since concluded that this is not a windows 10 update fault but a COMODO Internet Security Version 10.0.1.6209, fault. Which is fixed with Version 10.0.1.6223. rolled out on 24 April 2017. Sorry about that. I updated to COMODO Internet Security 10, two weeks before I updated my windows 10. I only looked at my network properties after the Windows 10 update. Forgot about the COMODO update.

SOLUTION:
UPDATE YOUR COMODO INTERNET SECURITY TO VERSION 10.0.1.6223, DAMMIT. (see attached image)

Unfortunately, this will not reinstall any; Client, Service nor Protocol, network items. Guess I'll need to use that reset button, in windows settings.

Thank you for all the help Regedit32 & Tim Locke.

Attachments

• capture_06102017_002756.jpg
    capture_06102017_002756.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 565

Ask a Question