Excel Gone with Download of Windows 10

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 and now my excel files are messed up. My documents seem to be fine but excel is unreadable and I have important files that I have to retrieve. Can I just uninstall windows 10 (which also seems to be a big problem) to salvage my files or is there a download to fix this problem. It seems there are many people with this problem. Microsoft should have warned people about the problem before downloading Windows 10, and not after.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure which version of Excel or the Office Suite you are using, but....
Have you tried repairing the install yet?
Use the programs and features applet in the Control Panel
Select Microsoft Office, click the Change button and select repair from the options.

OfficeRepair.JPG

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 and now my excel files are messed up. My documents seem to be fine but excel is unreadable and I have important files that I have to retrieve. Can I just uninstall windows 10 (which also seems to be a big problem) to salvage my files or is there a download to fix this problem. It seems there are many people with this problem. Microsoft should have warned people about the problem before downloading Windows 10, and not after.
It is Word 7and Excel 7.

Reaction score
I tried that and Microsoft Office doesn't even appear in the list. If search for it, it does not come up.

Ask a Question