Freezing after login

Reaction score
I'm on the N build. After doing a restart my PC froze after login, I restarted a few times and it was fine. Then a update for N came out and it took like an hour to update. However now it freezes every time.I can boot into safe mode without a problem. I also noticed my driver for my Ethernet is missing as my internet didn't work and in device manager it had a flag next to it. For some reason I have no restore points so I don't really know what to do.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Maybe give a Clean Boot a try and see what that produces.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
You should be able to configure it from within safe mode and then reboot normally, with your clean boot configuration.

Easily done, easily undone.
Basically you're just disabling all the Startup Items and All non-Microsoft services.
Be sure to check the box to hide Microsoft Services, as you don't want to accidentally disable any of those.

Reaction score
I am 100% certain this is a graphics driver problem now. I am doing some steps on another forum to do a clean install. But without the driver installed I have no issues.

Ask a Question