gpu drivers corrupted nvlddmkm.sys stopping pc from boot up

Reaction score
hi everyone

have a issue with my pc I done a update on windows 10,after the upgrade the screen display was all messed up.I then check the video drivers to see if a update was needed I did not see any nvidia drivers so I reinstall the drivers which was my mistake when now I cannot boot into windows wanted to ask if there are any tools I can use to delete the gpu drivers am I think that is stopping me from booting up into windows or if anyone knows how i can resolve the issue

Attachments

• blue screen 1.jpg
    blue screen 1.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 79
  • dump error.jpg
    dump error.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 70
Reaction score
Boot the Windows Installation media, select Repair My Computer, and run Startup Repair from there.

Reaction score
no joy
things that I have tried

bootrec /fixmbr success
bootrec /fixboot access denied
bootrec /rebuildbcd identified 0
sfc /scannow verification 100% complete windows - resource protection could not perform the requested
chkdsk

Reaction score
no joy
things that I have tried

bootrec /fixmbr success
bootrec /fixboot access denied
bootrec /rebuildbcd identified 0
sfc /scannow verification 100% complete windows - resource protection could not perform the requested
chkdsk
What did Startup Repair say? was it unable to repair or did the repair not work?

If you have System Restore active then use the Windows install media to do a system restore to the point where you installed the update. That will remove your mistaken graphics driver install too.

Reaction score
Frokes~

There are some ways you can go about COMPLETLY uninstalling the Nvidia drivers and Gforce experince. I'll share the best way I have found. HOWEVER, MAKE SURE to get the newest drivers from Nvidia FIRST … DONT run the driver or NVIDA GeForce Experience installer software .. until the old drivers and softare are COMPLETLY gone from your system ..

In MY experience the best way to uninstall the drivers COMPELTLY is to Download and run a program called DDU found at the following site >>> DDU Software

It is HIGHLY RECOMENDED to be ran in safe mode. I PERSONALLY have used this software on my personal system multiple times as well as other systems(even non Nvidia systems) with NO ILL EFFECTS ….there are instructions on the following site >>> DDU guide how to go about downloading and running the software … MAKE SURE you follow them PRECIESLY as instructed.

The software WILL also walk you through the process .. of removing the drivers and associated software.

Once that's done THEN run and reinstall driver software.

Good luck :)
~LoneWolf

*** NOTE ….. I AM NOT affiliated with this software in any way shape or form ... I'm suggesting it from MY OWN PERSONAL experience with the software and a similar experiences like you are having***

Reaction score
I always use DDU in safe mode to completely remove my video driver. I certainly would give that a shot.

Reaction score
I'll third DDU, it's what I always recommend. BUT, if you can no longer boot into Windows how will you run DDU? In addition, if Startup Repair couldn't get your system to boot then I'd suspect something much more fundamentally wrong than a bad graphics driver.

If you have a CPU with an inbuilt iGPU (most Intels do) then remove the graphics card and plug the monitor into the motherboard graphics port. See whether it will boot then. If it does then use DDU to remove the Nvidia driver. Then replace the graphics card and swap the monitor over to it. Windows will drive it with the inbuilt basic graphics driver and you can then download and install the latest driver from the Nvidia website.

If that doesn't work I would try a reinstall. It's often the fastest way to a stable and reliable system.

Ask a Question