SOLVED Grey display

Reaction score
I decided to have a look at the High Contrast display settings which did not appeal to me and in my attempt to return to the standard display and somehow unwittingly changed something that ended up in my returning to a bright grey display. I have attempted to overcome this using both display and personalization in windows settings without any success.
The forum's assistance in this matter would be most appreciated asIam now stuck with using high contrast mode.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Any chance you pressed the left Alt + left Shift + PrtScn at some point?

That is a keyboard method of activating the High Contrast option, versus physically going Start | Settings | Personalization | Themes then clicking the link to high Contrast.

Reaction score
Thank you, Regedit,
The display has now returned to normal, however, all text and taskbar background remain grey. I can recall attempting to correct matters by entering a page that had offered a selection of various colours namely Black, White, Light and Dark grey and suspect that I have changed something there but cannot recall how I arrived there. Would you be able to assist me to correct this matter please?

Regedit32

Reaction score
That would be Colors I imagine:
  • Press Windows key + I key together
  • Select Personalization
  • Now on left pane select Colors
  • On the right pane slide down a little to the choose your accent color section

Beneath the tile of colors you see there is an additional item + Custom Color

If you clicked + Custom Color that opens an additional window where you slide a bar to choose a color. Perhaps you used this, or you just chose a color from the tile of colors you see before enter the Custom Color option.

Ask a Question