Help!! Window 10 not working

Reaction score
Hello, I just downloaded windows 10. I have no start menu, no apps, no nothing. Ok, I guess I have a start menu but once I click it there is barely any options for setting, to find apps or do anything. I don't know if this what it suppose to look like but from my google search people computers have options to add apps and go to the setting and stuff. I'm at the point I want to go back to my older Windows version. Can someone please help me to get to the setting so I can atleast recover the older version.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 590
Reaction score
The menu in your attachment is the special right click menu. Try just clicking the Start button and the Start Screen should open.

Reaction score
How do I change it to left click menu. I clicked the start button and I guess that the start button with the 4 boxes in the far left corner, but when I do is that screen in the above post pop up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try just using the Windows Logo key on your keyboard.
What happens when you strike that?

Reaction score
Nothing! You talking about the button next to the Alt key?. If so yeah nothing. This is a complete mess I want to go back to my older version now, but I cant get to my settings.. :(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This is a complete mess I want to go back to my older version now, but I cant get to my settings
Right click the Start Button and from the context menu choose "Run" and in the run dialog box type
ms-settings:windowsupdate
hit enter or click OK
Left Column choose Recovery, right panel choose Go Back.....

Reaction score
Thank you! Something is going on with my computer now. Its says something about the package repository is corrupted when I did that. So now I have to have someone come look at this. smh

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you certain that you have given the system sufficent time to sort itself out after the upgrade?
Maybe checking Windows Update manually to see if any updates are pending to bring your rig totally up to date?
I just downloaded windows 10
I'm assuming that by "just" you indeed mean very recently. Sometimes it can take a bit of time before all the ducks line up in a proper row.

Reaction score
The Dell site has a list which shows compatibility of certain systems with Win 10. I had a 12 year old Inspiron 1545 which seemed to run fine.

You should also be aware I have seen threads where the Win 10 install was corrupted due to Anti-virus programs limiting access.

The other thing you might try is to open an Administrative command prompt, which you see on the menu you attached and enter the command below. Let it finish and possibly it will help. It may say some files cannot be repaired but don't worry about that yet.

sfc /scannow

Reaction score
I updated it last night at 7pm. Its been almost 24 hrs. I will uninstall my anti virus and see if that helps.

Ask a Question