SOLVED Help! windows under screensaver?

Reaction score
downloaded and installed win10 last evening. I can not open pages, when I hover over an icon I see a tiny version of the page, but where is it opening? thanks for your help

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
With a program open and showing on the taskbar as active (a light underline under the taskbar icon), hold the Windows logo key on your keyboard and strike the left arrow key several times.
See what that produces.
Failing that do the same thing only strike the right arrow key several times.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
With a program open and showing on the taskbar as active (a light underline under the taskbar icon), hold the Windows logo key on your keyboard and strike the left arrow key several times.
See what that produces.
Failing that do the same thing only strike the right arrow key several times.
thanks, but no results................

Reaction score
Wait a minute! Trouble you solved my problem! after trying those keyboard controls on a "working" pc, I went back and tried them on the problem pc........................... with the ability to see the windows I was able to revert back to win7. Thank you trouble, the "problem" is resolved; should I try to download win10 again? Thanks again, augustus

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
should I try to download win10 again?
I don't know.
The symptoms you were describing is sometimes unique to systems (laptops and desktops) where multiple monitors are or have been used and Windows still thinks they are present, even if they aren't.
So applications are opening on a non existent monitor and sometimes using that key combination will force them over to the active monitor.
It was just a shot in the dark to see if it would help.

Ask a Question