SOLVED HL-1440 driver not found in Windows 10 Update

Reaction score
I had not tried connecting my Brother HL_1440 to my Windows 10 system until today, because I don't have to print too many documents and I had my HP Photosmart printer connected. After following the instructions on the Brother Support page for directly connecting to the printer through a USB port, I encountered the same problems as others in this forum. I could see in the Device Manager that the system recognized a new USB connection and identified that it was a Brother HL_1440, but it was not available in the Printer and Devices list. Since the Brother Support information was of no help, I started searching the Internet for some recommendations. I found this forum and tried the Windows Optional Updated as suggested by Scooter12, and confirmed by others. It worked as described and my Brother HL_1440 is now in the list.

Thanks for all the help. I would have been stumbling around for a while on this one.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
driver for HL-1210W works for HL-1440
That driver is found on Brother website.
Thank me if it works for you !!
Thank you this worked for me! I installed the driver then followed the prompts on the website for "For Local Printer" and was able to configure it.

Ask a Question