How can i change the port use by ntoskrnl.exe?

Reaction score
Hello,

I need guidance please. I need my port 80 to be free for an app. But ntoskrnl.exe is using the port 80. I have been told that it is not ntoskrnl.exe itself but an app, a process, or a driver.

I have checked the resource monitoring of my computer but as I am not a computer geek I can not interpret the results. You can see the results in the images.

Is there someone who can advised me on where I should go now? Maybe the results could help.

Attachments

• Ressource monitor overview 1.png
    Ressource monitor overview 1.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 296
  • Ressource monitor overview 2.png
    Ressource monitor overview 2.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 274
  • RM 1.png
    RM 1.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 248
  • RM 2.png
    RM 2.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 233
  • RM 3.png
    RM 3.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 260

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Pretty sure that "port 80" is a reserved port, designated for HTTP (TCP / UDP) type traffic, so ....
I would expect "an app" using that port would necessarily have to be using those protocols to successfully use and traverse that particular port.

Reaction score
That is the dilemma I have actually, I can't find the app or don't know how to find it. When I check on task manager they just tell me ntoskrnl.exe. Do you happen to know another way to find the app?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I need my port 80 to be free for an app
At the risk of going around in circles here....
Are you receiving some kind of error that makes you believe that for some reason an app is not functioning and that is because PORT 80 is not available to it or for it to use?
In other words....
How do you know that you "need my port 80 to be free for an app"

Reaction score
Ok yes actually. When I was installing the wordpress.org software with Bitnami, they told me to enter a port number to use as the default port 80 was used. So I typed in 81. It did not cause me any trouble until I wanted to Install the Multi site feature.
I red on their official website that the Multi site feature can only be used if you installed it using port 80.
That is the story

Ask a Question