How can I use "SAVE AS" command in Windows 10

Reaction score
Dear Microsoft Community, I am so frustrated with Windows 10! I know that CTRL S is "SAVE". How can I use the "SAVE AS" command? Is there a button to press, or is there a keyboard shortcut? I use this command constantly, why is it not available? I want my Windows 7 back - since Windows 10 does not allow me to navigate well. Please help...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I believe Alt + F + A
still works in windows 10

Reaction score
Right click and SAVE AS option should appear. If in a browser then menu item FILE should give that option too.
Can you provide more specifics where you want to use SAVE AS.

Reaction score
In Notepad++ it's Ctrl-Alt-S. Look in the File menu and see if there's a key combination there. If not, try different combinations, preferably with something you don't mind losing if it doesn't work.

Regedit32

Reaction score
It would help to know what application you are using as each has their own format.

As Trouble noted the most common key combination is Alt + F + A.

You mentioned you know CTRL + S = Save.

In some applications this is true, and to choose Save As instead you press CTRL + SHIFT + S

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
IYou have stated that you are familiar with the CTRl S command.
That is the shortcut I use, under most citcumstances. But, I am sure you are aware, in the bottom row it offers "Save as Type". If you click the drop down menu arrow in that window, and select an option, you can alter the name for which you wish to save. Selecting *.* opens the possibility, but may , if you do not choose correctly, give you an unreadable file.
ALT F A gives the same window and options as ctrl S
The easy way with text files is as in post #3

Reaction score
Are you trying to save a file attachment from Google chrome? I had the same problem too. But I get back the save as option if I use IE.

Reaction score
shariYJ hasn't been back for almost a month, so I guess he solved the problem somehow

Ask a Question