How Do I Re-install Microsoft Solitaire Collection

Reaction score
the last time I used the collection it closed suddenly on me. When I tried to re-open it I pushed all the correct buttons but nothing happened apart from a quick flash of the initial page then it said it was loading but all I then got was the endless dots going around in circles and nothing else. I looked up different support forums for a fix and chose one that said I should uninstall the collection and then re-install. So I went to start/apps/Microsoft solitaire and uninstalled it.

I left it for a day and then coming back to it yesterday I tried to re-install it. Found the relevant page where it said "You own this product and can install it on this device."

clicked install and then got the working dots and then endless dots,

so far the 'working .......' have been running for an hour now and still it goes on.

How long does it take to re-install?

Reaction score
regards my previous problem, I have now tried to install other gaming apps and nothing seems to be installed. so maybe my question should be how do I install apps?

Reaction score
I have the same thing happen to all microsoft games even the Shop dont work, it all works on my laptop which is win10 Professional but not on mt desktop which is win10 Home,

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried attempting to identify if the problem is global or unique to your particular profile, by creating another local user, as a member of the local administrators group (not a standard user).
Then log off as you and log on as the new local user and see if the Store App will work.

Reaction score
It is very strange. Both my wife and I have Windows10 and the MS Solitaire Collection worked fine - that is until a couple of days ago. Mine is still working fine but my wife's has stopped. I tried several things then decided to uninstall it and re-install it. I get the same result as those above so presumably there is an intermittent fault somewhere in either the laptops or the software.

Reaction score
It gets stranger and stranger. I set myself up as a family member on my wife's laptop.

I opened up her laptop under my name and, would you believe it, was able to install the MS Solitaire collection. I then shut the laptop down and opened it up in my wife's name but could not find the app. So I tried to install it in her name and, low and behold, it installed it!! There is nowt so strange as computers!

Reaction score
When I Had that problem, I ended up reinstalling Win10 a from scratch, then it has worked ok, (keeping fingers crossed)

Reaction score
Mine could no longer be opened (laptop) from the Start charms or Start menu as of Tuesday. All is still working on our PC. Tried a restore point of the week before, but ended up losing all of Office 365 and had to spend 2.5 hours reinstalling w/help of tech center and Microsoft Chat. All for not being able to click on a game and on other things in the start menu. Aaugh!!
Would prefer MS fixes the glitch instead of us all having to create new accounts and then dump our old ones...lots of things are tied to those accounts, like special deals through schools on MS software.

Ask a Question