How long should i wait for windows 10 upgrade??

Reaction score
I have reserved my windows 10 upgrade through the Get Windows 10 App for almost a month now but yet still i dont get any confirmation that i should go ahead and download. Am I missing something on my laptop or it is just normal for me still to wait? Am eager to download it tho. Any suggestions

Reaction score
Use this method and install your Windows 10........................
( I used the same method and installed Win 10 Home and Win 10 Pro on my 2 laptops).

1. Download the media Creation Tool. Make sure you pick the correct bit version.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. Run the Tool.
Select Create installation media for another PC option.
That will create a Win 10 ISO.
(You can burn it to a bootable media later on. This method does not require it ).

3. Right click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin. This method allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
This method does not require product key.
Activation will be automatic.

Reaction score
so it means i do not need to do any BOIS change or what so ever and secondly my laptop is 32 bit and runs windows 8.1 so which windows 10 should i download?

Reaction score
No need to make change to your bios.
You download the 32-bit Media Creation Tool.
If your Win 8.1 is NOT Pro version, you choose Windows 10 Home.

Reaction score
and after downloading the Win 10 ISO i just install directly without burning on any disc as you said right?

Reaction score
after downloading it said verifying download afterwards this happened. This the second time it had happened with the same feedback "something happened'. At first i tried updating directly and it happened and i nearly gave up till u gave me an idea and i tried yours but yet still it happened again. So am asking where is the problem from now? Am even fed up now

Attachments

• Screenshot (vvv.jpg
    Screenshot (vvv.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 590
Reaction score
Confirm you have the small notification icon on you taskbar?
upload_2015-8-26_7-17-13.png

If not, you may need to recheck for updates and make sure you have those required most important one is KB3035583,but you may also see KB2990214, and KB2952664.
Presumably your 8.1 installation is activated?
You can check this by right clicking "This PC" and selecting the properties.
When you reserved your upgrade, did you supply your Email address to get the confirmation?

If these points have been checked, perhaps your only option is to go through the reserve process again.

You must allow the upgrade to proceed, in order to have it registered on your machine. Subsequent fresh installs will not, after that, require a key at any stage. It is Microsoft's new licencing method.

Ask a Question